Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Better Than Math


I'm currently job hunting, and I had two interviews on Monday. The second was to be an ACT/SAT tutor, so I was scheduled to take the ACT. I was terrified of the math section, because I haven't even looked at an algebra equation for about seven years. To my relief, I ended up passing on the ACT because the job wasn't what I had hoped. The tutoring place happened to be in the same plaza as Marshall's, so I happily wandered over.

I found many things I would have loved to buy, but narrowed it down to a few. I actually splurged a little because I found this beautiful sweater that I absolutely love and thought it was much too wonderful to pass up. It's angora and lamb's wool and a gorgeous color. The image above (yay big button!) is more accurate color-wise than the one below. It's comfy and warm and in the color palate I'm into. I can't wait to wear it... every day.

Cost: 25.00 (yes, that is a splurge for me ;)


The next item actually isn't from Marshall's. It's from KMart. I stopped there to kill time between interviews and found this lovely, styled-up t-shirt for uber cheap! I love the buttons and sleeves. I always keep my eyes open to t-shirt alternatives because I have the habit of dressing in tees and jeans a lot, so if I can find something just as comfy but more stylish I'm all about it. I don't have any shirts this color so I'm happy for some new variety!

Oddly enough, I ended up buying a size large (I normally wear a small). Doesn't it annoy you how inconsistent clothing sized are?

Cost: 2.50


Back to Marshall's! This is a pretty basic and not overly stylish skirt, but I love the color and the weight. It's really light and summery, but goes well with the purples and teals I'm into right now. With tights it should serve me well in the cold weather but carry over easily into summer.

Cost: 3.00


And now...

Bargain of the Century!

The skirt below is a BCBG Max Azria skirt with a suggested retail price of $130.00 (the BCBG tag with this price was attached). I got it for $5.00. How could I NOT buy it?! Now, it's just Polyester and Spandex so I'm not sure why it was so expensive in the first place, but who am I to question? It has a few wee snags but the skirt is so flowy and shiny that you don't notice them at all. Its color is "Eggplant." It's fun to wear because it's so flowy!

Price: 5.00

2 comments:

becca said...

The yellow skirt is actually my favorite of this bunch, and the BCBG skirt is quite a deal. Also, the sweater was worth the splurge.

Unknown said...

I really like the sweater with the large button. Very cute. The "eggplant" skirt is beautiful and a fantastic color! What a bargain!